- Water Softener Salt
- Water Softener Salt Tablets 25kg
- Water Softener Salt Tablets 10kg
- Water Softener Salt Granules 25kg
- Water Softener Salt Granules 10kg
- Water Softener Block Salt
- Bulk Water Softener Salt Sales
- De-Icing Rock Salt
- Water Softeners
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Soft Water Benefits
- Which Type of Softener Salt should I use?
- A Guide To Water Softening
- Hard Water Areas in the UK
- Salt for Swimming Pool Chlorine Generators
- Store Finder (Pay & Collect)
normally able to offer a quick turnaround of within a couple of days with some items available for next day delivery or same day collection.
Salt for Swimming Pool Chlorine Generators
Recent years have seen an explosive growth of automatic swimming pool chlorine generators which use salt as a method of keeping swimming pool water clean and safe. They work by passing a weak electric current through pool water containing salt (sodium chloride) thereby generating sodium hypochlorite. Normally between 3kg and 5kg of salt for every 1,000 litres (220 gallons) of swimming pool volume is required. Recommended dose varies according to the equipment used so it is important that the instructions provided by the manufacturer of your chlorine generator are followed.
Please contact the manufacturer of your equipment for information on which type of salt to use in your pool. There are a great number of models and manufacturers each with their own set of recommendations and so we are unable to advise you on which type of salt to use, however we do have Poolsel which is specifically made for Swimming Pool Chlorine Generators. Further details can be seen here:Poolsel Swimming Pool Chlorinator Salt