- Water Softener Salt
- Water Softener Salt Tablets 25kg
- Water Softener Salt Tablets 10kg
- Water Softener Salt Granules 25kg
- Water Softener Salt Granules 10kg
- Water Softener Block Salt
- Bulk Water Softener Salt Sales
- De-Icing Rock Salt
- Water Softeners
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Soft Water Benefits
- Which Type of Softener Salt should I use?
- A Guide To Water Softening
- Hard Water Areas in the UK
- How a Water Softener Works
- Salt for Swimming Pool Chlorine Generators
- Store Finder (Pay & Collect)
normally able to offer a quick turnaround of within a couple of days with some items available for next day delivery or same day collection.
Hard Water Areas in the UK
By knowing the recent history of your water and the length of time it has been in contact with soil and rock, it is possible to predict its quality. In the Lake District and most areas of Scotland, the water is soft because it is mainly drawn out of surface water and the contact time between water and earth is short. Additionally, there is not much chalk in the soil to be dissolved. In the South East of England, there is a lot of chalk and much of the water is pumped from underground where there has been a longer contact time, hence, the water is hard. The quality of water in the British Isles is normally good, but it must be remembered that the only statutory obligation on the Water Authorities is to supply water fit for potable (drinking) use. This puts no obligation on water authorities to be concerned in any way about the hardness of the water. Hard water can be potentially corrosive and damaging to domestic appliances, pipework and central heating boilers. As the map indicates, the water in the central, eastern and southern areas of England is hardest.
Water Softener Salt UK supply all your water softening needs for delivery or collection throughout the UK. We stock the best quality water softener salt tablets, water softener salt granules and block salt for your softening needs.