- Water Softener Salt
- Water Softener Salt Tablets 25kg
- Water Softener Salt Tablets 10kg
- Water Softener Salt Granules 25kg
- Water Softener Salt Granules 10kg
- Water Softener Block Salt
- Bulk Water Softener Salt Sales
- De-Icing Rock Salt
- Water Softeners
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Soft Water Benefits
- Which Type of Softener Salt should I use?
- A Guide To Water Softening
- Hard Water Areas in the UK
- How a Water Softener Works
- Salt for Swimming Pool Chlorine Generators
- Store Finder (Pay & Collect)
normally able to offer a quick turnaround of within a couple of days with some items available for next day delivery or same day collection.
Salt Types for Water Softeners
Salt is fascinating because its history is also the history of mankind’s ingenuity, perseverance and imagination. There are three core kinds of salt, however they are all SALT. It is only the method of production that varies.
Please read more about the three salt types –
- Sea Salt, Rock Salt and Vacuum Salt – below.Sea Salt is harvested through evaporation of sea water in large reservoirs in the tropic and sub-tropic countries.
- Rock Salt is extracted from large mines, which in Europe lie 400 to 1200 metres below the ground.
- Vacuum Salt is Rock Salt which is extracted by pumping water down into salt deposits creating a brine solution. The solution is then pumped to the surface and chemically cleaned before evaporating the water under vacuum.